Mon, Apr 03|
Huntington Library (self-guided tour)
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE DETAILS! THIS IS A CLOSED FIELD TRIP FOR CURRENTLY REGISTERED STUDENTS/FAMILIES ONLY!
Time & Location
Apr 03, 10:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Huntington Library, 1151 Oxford Road, San Marino, CA 91108
About the event
Details: Self guided tour of The Huntington Library and Museum
Price: FREE for all adults and students
Time: 10:30am SHARP, 11:00am start time *ONLY those there by 11:00am will be allowed to enter for free. If you are late, you will have to pay full admission. I will NOT be able to stay out front to help you if you are late. (This is Library Policy)
Address: 1151 Oxford Road, San Marino, CA 91108
RSVP: March 10, 2023 by 12pm. THIS IS A VERY STRICT DATE. I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ADD YOU IF YOU FORGET TO SIGN UP. (This is Library policy)
We’re looking forward to welcoming you and providing a wonderful learning experience touring the Huntington collections. Please read over the guidelines below so you, your chaperones, and your students can get the most out of your upcoming visit.
• Stay Together – Students must stay with their teacher, chaperone, or parent. Staying together helps everyone spend more time touring and, also, helps The Huntington staff keep everyone safe.
• Hands (and Body) to Yourself – Keep hands (and feet and body) to yourself. Students can help us protect The Huntington and our exhibits by not touching the artwork, the furniture, the sculptures, display cases, and the garden installations.
• Indoor Voices – Use indoor voices both inside and outside while on the grounds. Keeping voices quiet also helps other visitors enjoy our public spaces.
• Feet on the Path – Help us keep our gardens healthy and always stay on the paths. • Walk – Walking, instead of running, helps keep our gardens and exhibits protected and keeps you safe in our buildings and gardens.
• Gadgets Off – Turn off cell phones in the galleries and library – this makes for less distraction and noise during visits. No flash photography in any of the galleries or library. Photography in the gardens is encouraged during public hours.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How many times can I participate in a Huntington School Program?
Due to the high demand of our school programs, a class can participate in one school program per school year.
How many students can participate in a school program?
We will accommodate your school group depending on available capacity. A confirmation email will be sent after your registration.
Can I bring multiple grade levels to a school program?
The program can accommodate mixed-grade levels.
Is there a cost / fee to pay?
This program is free for K-12 students and their adult chaperones. Only those present on the scheduled time of visit will be given free admission. Those arriving late will have to purchase admission tickets.
What is the teacher’s role during the program?
Teachers, guardians, or parents must be present and should have a minimum of student-to chaperone ratio of 10:1. The role of the teachers and chaperones is to please keep students safe and focused on the activity and discussion during the program.
What can teachers do to prepare students for their learning experience?
Teachers can prepare their students by reviewing our Huntington Code of Conduct with students and exploring our learning resources at https://huntington.org/educators/learning
No refunds. No exchanges.
Closed field trip; for currently enrolled families only. Minors must be accompanied by an adult. Child supervision and transportation are not provided.
Free for all BHA students/parents