$350.00 annual tuition
Meets on Tuesdays, 9am-10:00am
Year-long class, 32 weeks
Maximum of 20 students
God is the Creator of all things. He has designed a world around us that is fascinating to explore and discover. In this year long class, students will learn about the different environments that God designed specifically for different regions on Earth. They will explore the similarities and differences, examine different life forms in each region, and familiarize ourselves with “life” in these spaces. There are many different areas of study in the “life” sciences. This class will touch on several areas throughout the year.
Life Science Purposeful Design: This Life Science class will provide a year-long science course for Middle School students. This course provides an in-depth and age-appropriate study of specific science disciplines appropriate for students and is intended to accomplish the following:
• Excite students about the study of science through hands-on instruction and activity
• Instill and nurture the heart and mind in shaping a biblical worldview
• Foster critical thinking skills through scientific inquiry and investigation
• See the wonder of both the Creation and the Creator in every aspect of the study of science
• Critical thinking skills that are developed through scientific inquiry and investigation
• Hands-on learning activities that excite students to want to know more
• The language and processes of science
• Tools to help students be responsible for understanding concepts and lesson objectives
In Jr. High Classes, homework is required in order to maintain a full and complete understanding of the material presented. The classes are designed to give a full class curriculum with instruction on Tuesday, however parents are still the main teacher for their student. All assignments will be given with a weekly “homework” schedule to help keep your student on track. It is best to pace your student throughout the week to help them retain the most information. Each class is a full course and does not need additional assignments outside of this course to be complete but parental guidance and follow-up is necessary.
Materials fee $30.00, paid by the first day of class directly to the teacher.
Students must be 12 years old by September 1, 2020
REQUIRED TEXTBOOKS (Textbooks will be used for the entire school year)
Feel free to purchase books through your preferred vendor. Links are provided for your convenience.
If you have any questions, email Mrs. Correia directly at firstname.lastname@example.org